This apple crumble is an awesome dessert or post-workout snack, blended Brazil nuts make a much healthier and more potent protein powder than the packaged junk. It is sugar-free with only the banana and apple creating a sweet, natural sugar boost. No gluten to make your gut sad, no dairy to make you congested and inflamed, and no processed ingredients to drag you down and cause disease. Winning! Pure guilt-free deliciousness.
2 tbsp of chia seeds
1/2 can of organic coconut cream
1 organic green apple, diced
1 tbsp of organic vanilla bean paste
Tsp of cinnamon
Tsp of vanilla bean paste
1 cup of Brazil nuts, ground
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup of coconut desiccated
1/4 cup of hazelnuts
*add a tbsp of organic, locally sourced honey if you tolerate this and want a sweeter crumble. Personally I loved that the only sweetness came from the apple. Some granulated molasses would taste amazing too, a clean and natural sugar option.
How do I make this?
1) Absorb the chia seeds in coconut cream and mix in the vanilla bean. Leave in fridge while you prep the other ingredients.
2) Chop the apple and mix into the coconut chia mix. Put in the microwave for five minutes or until the apple is soft.
3) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Blend the Brazil nuts to a rough ground mixture while the apple cooks. Blend in the banana, vanilla and dedicated coconut.
4) Chop the hazelnuts in half and add to the mixture. Add the crumble to the top of the cooked apple. Sprinkle sunflower seeds on top and then bake for 10 mins or until golden brown on top.
5) Make ice cream using coconut cream, vanilla bean and frozen banana to serve the crumble with. Place a banana in the freezer a few hours before you begin to prep the crumble.
6) I put mine in a jar so I could put the lid on and take it camping with me – it was just as good eaten cold straight out of the jar!